How to replace the front brake pads on a Dodge Neon
Tutorial: Change Front Brake Pads and Rotors on a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT
Learn how to change the front brake pads and rotors on a 2004 Dodge Neon.
Check out my web site: http://nukem384.blogspot.com
How to change disc brakes in 10 minutes on a 2002 Dodge Neon R/T. 8-8-12 Far Reach FR
This is how I change the brakes on my Dodge Neon R/T. Nothing fancy, just a quick swap.
1. loosen lug nuts
2. jack up car
3. remove tire
4. pry pads apart (compress piston) through inspection slot
5. remove 10 mm bolts holding caliper
6. remove caliper and remove old pads
7. put in new pads
8. check that bushings still slide back and forth well
9. bolt caliper back on
10. bolt wheel back on
11. lower from jack and tighten wheel again
12. PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL several times ALL THE WAY. BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO MOVE THE CAR!. you will need to do this or the first time you move you wont be able to stop. once you do decide to move, only move a couple feet then try/check the brakes again. CHECK that you can stop before you get your car to ANY speed. slow first is good after any brake check.
Disclaimer: Brakes are serious. They are seriously important. My video, comments or anything else does not remove your sole responsibility for your own actions. In short I am not responsible for anything bad that happens from you watching my videos and giving something a try.
That said, changing brakes correctly is not hard, and I hope you have a good time.
Change brake pads on Dodge Neon
I change the brakes in my 2002 Dodge Neon in 30 minutes. This probably
can apply to most Neon models, but I would check with a manual just in case.